This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: Time Trial

Such a feature would mimic race conditions and provide automatic and accurate timing for that segment...

To start a time trial, the watch would simulate a race start sequence - press the start button, hear the trill which would represent "Take your marks", and then a beep sounds approximately 2 seconds later which indicates GO and starts timing!

To finish, the timing would stop when the arm holding the watch stops abruptly as that hand hits the wall at the expected lap count; in other words, if a 100 had been entered in a 25 yard (meter) pool, the timing would stop at the end of the 4th lap.
  • Thank you for the suggestion. We have been considering this as an option for users who want to time their intervals with a high degree of accuracy.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 11 years ago
    Such a feature would mimic race conditions and provide automatic and accurate timing for that segment...

To start a time trial, the watch would simulate a race start sequence - press the start button, hear the trill which would represent "Take your marks", and then a beep sounds approximately 2 seconds later which indicates GO and starts timing!

To finish, the timing would stop when the arm holding the watch stops abruptly as that hand hits the wall at the expected lap count; in other words, if a 100 had been entered in a 25 yard (meter) pool, the timing would stop at the end of the 4th lap.

That would be awesome! Im a college swimmer and I've been waiting for a way to get accurate times without having to get them at swim meets only. The watch has worked flawlessly! in 25 yards for me, although, if it had this extra feature i think that people wouldn't think twice about getting another swimming watch. The Garmin Swim Watch would be THE swim watch!!
  • that would be ace to have a time trial feature - I often train on my own and it would be nice to have accurate times