This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inaccurate distance and stroke style

I've done three swims with the Garmin Swim. The first was 100% accurate but I didn't have the pause timer on and didn't get that data or have the pause interval to watch in real time.

I figured out that I had to enable the pause timer for the next two swims. They were way off. The distance and stroke type was very inaccurate.

I tried switching the watch to my non-dominant wrist (the one I take my second stroke off the wall with) to see if it would help. Nope. I did the first half of the swim doing flip turns and the second half without. No difference.

I'm not the world's best swimmer by any means. I'm slow and look like a flounder out of water doing flip turns but I've tried to isolate the variables and get decent data out.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Jeff
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 11 years ago
    I haven't had a problem with stroke recognition. Also, I haven't had a problem with distance inaccuracy in 25yards. Although the lap pool in my apartment complex is 20 yards and when I set the watch to 20 yards it starts to become inaccurate. The watch works GREAT in 25 yard pools! But I would like accurate splits in any length pool as well.
  • it seems to me that since the firmware upgrade, breaststroke is confused a lot with backstroke and freestyle and that didn't happened before
    and also backstroke is sometime mixed with freestyle which is also a new issue to me
  • I noticed the same thing this morning. I tried 40 laps alternating between ***-stroke and freestyle (with the last 4 being ***-stroke). I don't do flips as it's a 25 meter pool. This is what the results came out to be:

It recognized 45 laps. I swam 40.

FREESTYLE
    BREASTSTROKE
    FREESTYLE
    BREASTSTROKE
    FREESTYLE
    BREASTSTROKE
    BREASTSTROKE
    FREESTYLE
    BREASTSTROKE
    BREASTSTROKE
    FREESTYLE