This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Date data corrupts from Connect to Strava for swims

Hi, My Garmin Swim uploads data to Garmin Connect perfectly, but when it syncs the data to Strava the date is incorrect - today's swim (9 July 2021), for example, shows on Strava as 5 Aug 1990. This has only started happening recently but i can't seem to fix it. Any ideas? The data from my Forerunner transfers across just fine.

• Can you insert the fit file from one of the problematic activities on Garmin Connect Web? Might be some clues within the file.

• Open the activity on Garmin Connect Web
    • Choose the gear icon then "Export Original"
    • In a reply post Insert >> Image/video/file >> click Upload >> browse for file >> OK.
    • Or upload the file to a file sharing service, such as OneDriveGoogle DriveDropbox, etc., then share a link to the file in your post.
  • Sorry, but the site won't allow me to upload a file. Gets to the "Browse for File" bit but then won't insert it.

Try this www.dropbox.com/.../7095466415.zip

• 7095466415.zip

OK, I had to log out and log back in again, but now it allow me to upload.

• I can see the erroneous date is coming from either the watch or from Garmin after it's uploaded. In the event data there is only a start event but no stop, which should typically be in  the fit file. Do you normally press stop, then save as is typical in other Garmin watches?

Have you done a factory reset since this problem started happening?

For comparison purposes, could you also attach a fit file for a swim that had no issues with the date?

Also, could you attach the fit file from the watch before it gets uploaded to Garmin? I have an old 310XT that also uses an ANT stick so it should be the same as this. On a Windows PC Garmin Express stores the files in the "Sync" folder.

On my computer it's located here for my 310XT - C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Devices\<device ID>\Sync\FIT_TYPE_9.

Since the ProgramData folder is hidden, here's how to get to the folder and fit files.

1. Press the Windows key + R
    2. Type %ProgramData%
    3. Click OK
    4. Open the Garmin folder
    5. Open the CoreService folder
    6. Open the Devices folder
    7. Open the folder with the 10 digit Unit ID for your device (this can be found on the About screen on the device if there are multiple folders present)
    8. Drag the Sync folder to the desktop
  • Thanks for your help.

This swim transferred from Garmin Connect to Strava with the correct date

I will try doing a factory reset

7095466133.zip