This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wearing swim gloves

I Wear zone 3 néoprène gloves to swim in the cols water of Donegal bah on Winter. I just got m'y Garmin swim 2 watch and am wondering whetjer to put thé watch over the gloves or under

• Under the Gloves if you are using the built in HRM (Garmin Swim 2)

• Actually it depends what do you prefer.

Wet neoprene can easily block the GPS signal, so I would guess that wearing the watch under the gloves will result a less accurate track. But wearing the watch over the gloves makes WHR monitoring impossible.

Also you need to know that cold environment makes the WHR measurement less accurate. If you are not completely warm in the cold water, the body pulls the blood out of the arms and legs making the optical sensor less room to work. So it can result that even if the watch is under the gloves the HR readings will be all over the place.

• Thanks for that. I've decided to wear the watch on my arm above the gloves so it's in contact with my skin and not coveredim.just going to pull the glove down from the watch.its more to get time alerts in the cold water and to track my distance. I swim for leisure training and fun. I'm not a pro athlete