This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim 2 wrong lap detection

Hi

My watch has been getting more inaccurate. Used to be good. Have not changed style. 50m pool. Takes me around 1 minute a lap. Today I paused after 4 laps then started again. I don't tumble turn, just stop and push off. Has also been inaccurate when I have not paused though not to this degree. 4+16 =1 kay. It registered 1450. Actual time recorded is accurate.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lyndon

• Do you push the pause button when you pause and restart when you are ready to swim again? Moving around on the wall will falsely trigger "laps"

• Hi

Yeah, pushed the pause button. Today, swam 1000M, 18.49   It registered 1200M. No pause, stop, nothing, just swim and push off like I have always done?

• Are there other people in the lane you need to pass or let pass? Any deceleration and acceleration will trigger a new lap. My watch is always spot on except in those cases or I have a bad turn.

• Nope, pretty lucky where I live, almost always get a lane to myself. Apart from the push off, I'm too slow to accelerate :-)

Is there a factory reset that you know of? If so, will this clear records from my phone or would they load back up once it synced?

Thanks for your help.

Lyndon

• I am pretty sure that your stroke changed. Any kind of over measurement is because the watch recognizes something mid length what tells it that you made a big change, and it records an extra turn. Sometimes very big extra movements have no consequences, sometimes a little flick adds a lap.

For me the measurement is mostly perfect, but sometimes it records an additional lap. Sometimes I can not tell the difference why it happened, but mostly there is a clear reason.

Factory reset on the watch does not affect data on the phone (but might delete activities on the watch depending on the chosen reset type). You can access it through the menu - system/reset. Or you can push top left button (light) for about 15 sec for a soft reset. I do not think that any of these will change the behavior though.