This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim distance reset to 0 during an activity (Fenix 5)

Hi,

I have Fenix 5 with latest software. I use the watch for apnea training and what i noticed that sometimes my distance gets reset to 0. For example i perform a couple of regular swims (100-300m). Then I do apnea training. Afterwards I do another set of high intensity swims (500m+). Sometimes at some point during the activity my distance gets reset to 0 and starts recording from 0 and when i finish, the distance is for example 50m, however I am 100% i did at least 500m. When looking at the activity details I noticed 700 strokes, which is probably more than 50m. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I have also set up lock during an activity so I don't press anything by mistake.
  • klemzy - you have posted this under Garmin Swim which is a different device so you need to put in the correct Fenix forum. Which Fenix 5 do you have is it the 5 or 5+?

I have never seen this type of thing happen on any garmin that I've had and I am struggling to think of a reason. Can you post a link to the activity on connect?

• Oh i see. Sorry about that. I can't find the option to move this post to another forum though. Can only the mods do it? I have Fenix 5.

Here is the acitivity. Can you access this link? https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3483234742
  • klemzy yes only mods can move it but you could just repost. Looked at your link and the activity looks weird - not sure what has happened I've never seen that but it may just be a one off - have you seen it more than just the once?

I would try a total reset of the device for starters and see if it makes a difference.

If you post this in the Fenix 5 forum you may find someone who can look at the fit file and see what is happening - if the reset fails you should also contact Garmin support