This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 swim - how to continue lap counts after ending drills

Hi,

During a swim session, I would like to use ”drill log” as part of the session, and then continue with the normal mode when the watch is counting laps by itself.

This does not work for me on the Fenxi 5, so I usually do the first part of session using normal mode, and then end with drills. Once the drill is ended, and I try using the normal mode, the watch does not count the laps.

I´d like to be able to transition back from ”drill mode” to ”normal mode” during a session.

Does anyone have the same problem, and knows how to come around it?

Thanks,

//Marcus
  • During drill mode, when you hit pause when finished, it asks for the distance you swam/kicked in drill mode. Adjust the distance with the arrow/scroll keys then push enter. Then you can use the same keys to scroll back to your normal swim page and use your pause/unpause key to resume.
  • This is basically what's in here.
    https://support.garmin.com/en-IE/?fa...Uj4bTqiYKjENJ8
    I don't recall this working the last time I tried it, but I'll try again tomorrow and let you know.
    The key is to press the pause/un-pause (Lap) key/button.
    Thanks.
  • Hej, thanks both for putting effort in helping me! I haven´t tried this for the last sessions, but think I know what the problem is. After ending the drill, and moving to the ”normal” mode page on the watch, I think I use the Start/stop button to record the new set. But I should probably use the pause/lap button. Will try this in coming session!

Thanks!

//Marcus