This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim HRM strap very disappointing!

The Tri chest strap is great. The swim specific one is rubbish. Why not have an elastic section like the Tri version to help with fit. It’s either not tight enough to stay on, or too tight and restricts breathing.
???????
Apart from that I love my new 735xt!!
  • MidlifeTrisis stick with it - its far from perfect and tends to slacken off slightly during the swim - it takes a while to get it adjusted - I think Garmin don't have the elasticated part because of how quickly that type of material degrades in a pool. I have found over time that the black part attached to the blue strap degrades where you hook it together. I think a redesign wuld be good with the blue part having the hook at either end and then an elasticated connecting strap that was replaceable (and reasonably cheap)
  • I got 735xt and it suits perfectly, but when Im doing lenghts in the ">pool">pool, isnt enough tight.
    Also, the weakest point for me is the battery which has a life of 14 hours and is charged with the clamp connector that we have seen in other models.
    Not bad for long competitions, but it's below what we found in the Garmin Forerunner 920XT and the Fenix ??3 / 3HR