This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive Swim app doesn't seem to recognise press and hold button to stop

Hello,

For the past week or two, I've developed a strange problem on my vivoactive swim app. My main swim is about 1 mile after which I press and hold the RHS button to end the workout. However, the app does not bring up the red stop image instead just goes into a rest interval. It is so frustrating trying to get it to stop as when I press and hold again, it starts a new interval. As a result, my swim looks something like this:

ntervals Swim Stroke Lengths Distance Time Cumulative Time Avg Pace Best Pace Avg. Swolf Avg HR Max HR
1 Unknown 64 1,600
Rest -- 0 0:04.5 32:06 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:01.6 32:07 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:06.9 32:14 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:04.2 32:18 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:05.8 32:24 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:02.0 32:26 0 0 0 -- -- 0 0 0
Rest -- 0 0:04.7 32:31

All the 0 entries demonstrate how long it took me to actually get the app to stop! You can imagine how annoying this has been!!!

This was never an issue before the last 1 or 2 weeks. Has there been an app update that is causing this? How can it be resolved?

Thanks very much in advance.
  • I was quite frustrated with mine for a while. I don't think it is actually written down anywhere, but the button seems to act differently in the Swim app than in all others:

Long Press to Pause or Rest, Long Press again to Stop

The key is to make sure you have enough time between long presses, otherwise it seems to recognise it as a short press.

Its all in the timing...
  • I was quite frustrated with mine for a while. I don't think it is actually written down anywhere, but the button seems to act differently in the Swim app than in all others:

Long Press to Pause or Rest, Long Press again to Stop

The key is to make sure you have enough time between long presses, otherwise it seems to recognise it as a short press.

Its all in the timing...

Yes I find the swim app odd also. thanks for the tip! :)