When will Connect get real swim challenges?

The only swim challenges that ever show up on the Connect app are 4000 meters for an entire month. For the average swimmer that's easily accomplished in under 5 swims.

Where are the real challenges? Is it that much to ask for more meters, specific strokes, or a daily challenge?

• I enjoy using the monthly challenges for stepping, yoga, weight lifting, swimming. they help me to rev myself up and work out harder. I do a lot of swimming and would like more Swimming challenges. The swimming ones are to small and not every month. How about posting more swimming challenges. like 15000 yards weekly, 40,000 yards a month etc.?

• Moved thread to Garmin Connect Web forum.

• I'm a devout swimmer and have been using my Fenix 6 several times a week for the last 2 years. Recently I checked the points amassed and noticed that for swimmers only 2 badges are available and monthly challenges include 1 km during summertime. How come Garmin offers so many badges and monthly challenges for running, cycling, strength, walking, etc., but not for swimming? Swimming is a substantial part of triathlons and öttilö events. I don't understand where Garmin is coming from. Any opinions?

• Same thing for Strava, I can't mark/label any swimming racing activity (as in a Triathlon) as a race...only as a workout or comute(wtf???)...Go figure...

• I just posted another comment. I don't know how to reach the Garmin management.
    Swimming and Garmin. I got my Garmin watch more than 2 years ago and as an avid swimmer I have found that there are almost no (monthly) challenges and badges available. During the northern summer you can (sometimes) earn 1 point with 1 hour of swimming per month, 2 points with an open water swim, and after a mixed metre/yard swim you get 1 point and ... that's it. Swimming is an important sport, one of the few truly lifetime sports. It is a triathlon and Ötilö discipline, and in many countries it is one of the most popular sports with the public (Europe, Japan, US, Hong Kong, etc. etc.). I really wonder why Garmin treats swimming so badly. In comparison, there are challenge badges every month for cycling, running, walking, strength, sometimes even yoga and the like - but no swimming. And there are badges for Pilates, breathwork, Yoga, etc. you can earn after, say, 10, 25, 50, or 100 sessions. Swimming, on the other hand, offers no options. Tongue in cheek: Is the Garmin management water-shy? :)

• Hi, I agree, I've got a Venu 2+ and have started to enter the activity & fitness challenges as well as the sparse swimming challenges. My primary activity is 90 minutes of swimming 6 days a week plus some modest walking. Garmin are not the only fitness device manufacturer to shy away from swimming, Fitbit's new Sense 2 does not provide wrist displays of distance or lengths. A big miss after the previous Sense. Keep swimming, the best exercise there is, with no risk of falling off your bike, being knocked off by a vehicle or making a mess of your joints.

Cheers

• Second that! There's a variety of running/walking/cycling challenges and only a mediocre single one for swimming. Wth @Garmin ?

• I agree. I can do 4K in 1 swim. It would be nice if Garmin would add 8K, 12K, 16K, 20K swim challenges weekly or monthly?

• I agree! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one hoping for more swimming activities.  Only two a month isn't nearly enough.  Especially when running, walking, and cycling get 4 or more, it seems.  Would also be nice to get the year-long challenge that's split up quarterly like cycling and running get.