This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim 2?

Anyone have the Garmin Swim 2? I'm doing more and more swimming and am interested in this watch. But I also do yoga, hiking, occasional running, and strength training (but don't use any of the Garmin features that count reps, etc. I just start an activity to track time and HR).

I've read that you can run and cycle with the Swim. Can you add other activity types like yoga, walking, strength?10.0.0.0.1

• Swim2 does NOT have barometric altimeter, you get the elevation profile just from the GPS track (very unreliable)

Steps are counted by every fitness gadget, but I think that the step count info will not be included in the fit file (not tested). And during the activity I think that you will not be able to see the step counter value, just before and after. Note, that every step in the gym will be added.

• I know this answer is late but based in the knowledge of the Swim 2, I thing that if someone wants to do swim and other sports (like yoga or hiking) there’s better options like the 745. If you only do swim is a great option. The 745 or 945 are as good as Swim 2 in swimming. Other options like the Vivoactive, Venu or 245 has less swimming options (not open swimming or specifics drills I guess)

• Sadly those options are too expensive for me. 245 or swim 2 are in my price point.

• Excellent answer. Very helpful!Bouquet