This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software Version 2.50 - Garmin Swim 2

This update can be downloaded through Garmin Express, or Garmin Connect Mobile, pending the rollout schedule.

Change Log:

• Fix time in zone values while using auto rest
  • Fix occasional crash when updating software or clearing settings
  • Fix issue with (0,0) position getting recorded in open water activity
  • Improved Bluetooth connection stability
  • Improve open water GPS track when multiple stroke types are used
  • Do you have a time schedule for fixing Move IQ (on/off) deconfiguration ?

• I bought a Forerunner 935 about a week ago and am just making sure that it does everything that the Swim 2 can do (apart from heart rate underwater), before I sell the Swim 2. However, I have noticed that since I set the Forerunner 935 as my primary device, when I try to sync the Swim 2 to Garmin Connect, the Swim 2 crashes and reboots. 100% of the time. I just got a prompt to install v2.50, which I have done, but the problem remains the same.

It was annoying enough before when it would crash after saving but before loading an activity (it happened only on running activities). It would retain the activity after the reboot, but lose the number of steps accumulated during the activity, so that several times I lost my 10,000 steps streak. I don’t know if this bug has been fixed, but probably not, if it is not specifically mentioned.

• delete all of the 3rd party watch faces, use the original ones. That usually solves most of the crash issues.

• The 935 doesn't have the ability to automatically start/stop sets (I find the stopping unreliable anyway).

If you are doing a lot of pool swimming, I would try to thoroughly rinse or soak the 935 in fresh water after each swim. I had to replace my watch once (under warranty) due to issues with the barometer's protective membrane degrading.

• I was hoping with the new software that my Swim 2 would no longer crash while I swim. I have swum 4 times since updating and each time it has crashed mid swim. I have no other watch faces. Do you have any idea if this crash issue will be fixed? It is super frustrating. 

• My garmin swim 2 has huge problems on clody days findig GPS signal, it useless when it cloudy outside. It even doesn't know where im starting and where finish a track when running. One it placed my whole activity aprox 3km in another direction on the map

• Sadly, I seem to be experiencing this issue now too. Started 1-2 weeks ago. I am on V2.5 but can't recall when I updated. It was prior to these reset issues. It has done it 3 times in the last 2 weeks (out of 4 pool swims). I didn't do anything different in the swims, but each one was a synced workout using the Lap button (auto-rest off). It resets at random times during the workout (one was 1700m in, another 2500m into workout). I don't have custom watch faces installed. I did read that previously created custom workouts, created before the V2.50 update could be a problem, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. The crash/reset also seems to wipe out some watch data (step count and heart rate, maybe others?) from the moment of "waking up" on the same day to the moment of the crash - e.g. the step count before the crash was say 1000, after the crash it is 200 w/ the 800 difference being the steps from wakeup to the crash time; same for heart rate - big empty gap in the Connect chart). I find it odd and conspicuous that it is wiping out data back to the wakeup moment.

Anyone else seeing this behaviours?

• I just checked the creation dates on my saved workouts. All the crashes were on workouts created prior to the v2.5 update (I think). The 4th workout noted above that DIDN"T crash was one created after V2.5. 

I've duplicated one of my 'old' workouts so it has a creation date of today and plan to use it on Sunday for a pool swim. I'll report back.

• I've swum twice since this post. Both using two different "duplicated" workouts with save dates of ~Jan 21, 2021. The first swim had no resets, but the second one reset just as noted previously.  Frustrating as I had hoped duplicating all of my existing workouts to reset the last save dates would fix the issue.

• every since updating to 2.3, my swim2 has reset off/on with workouts (only workouts). My Fenix 5X has no issues with same workouts. Garmin sent a new watch without change and I am currently working with them about this. They asked fo a ton of info and then the tech wondered why I didn't have more recent resets (you've only had 2-3 she wondered). My response "why would I keep heading back to the pool with a watch that continually reset when I have another that doesn't"..... Its got to be a software issue but Im not sure they are taking it serious or know how to fix it.