This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pr registered with pacerpro not showing

Today I ran a 5k threshold run on the course I usually run.  My previous 5k PR was 22:40.  Today I wanted to test pacerpro so I made pacerpro sequence for 5k in 22:30.  I ran it in 22:23.6 (strava says 22:25) using the pacerpro sequence.  In the personal records it shows a new pr for 1k, but the 5k pr is still 22:40. 

Any ideas why it doesn't show my new 5k pr in my garmin personal records?

• Have you looked on your portal the Garmin Connect website?  Go into "Personal Records" and see if the new record is listed there and accept it on the website.  Sometimes the app doesn't show records or thinks you've dismissed the prompt.

• I checked the website.  It prompts me to accept my PR for fastest 1k.  Which I did multiple times already, but the one for 5k never pops up. 

• As coder I would guess that it's just a little bit under 5,00k. It's shown as rounded to be 5,00k, but then the record is looking that it should be larger than 5k without rounded value and doesn't accept that.

So would recommend next time to run some extra meters to ensure this doesn't happen, if my hypothesis is right.

• Possible.  I always run 5.01Km when I'm doing a 5k, just to make sure.  In this case, the PR was recorded in Strava, so I assume the distance is correct.

I would suggest raising a support ticket with Garmin on this one and see what they say.  I've never tried a PacePro run, so I don't know how it logs the results.