This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 945 cracked Screen

I dropped the watch from 3 meters. The screen is cracked. Do you think its a good idea to fix it by myself ? i found only this store nearby who can fix it: Phone Store Wien . What would you suggest ? 

• I would contact Garmin and ask what they offer as an option. They usually give pretty decent (not free, but much much cheaper than buying new) offers for these kind of things like replacement for refurb unit.

• Although it's possible to get it fixed (or even do it yourself when you have the proper tools), is that the water proofing is compromised. I wouldn't recommend going for a swim with the watch anymore, but also in heavy rain it could become an issue. Also Garmin will most likely not make you an offer anymore, because the watch is obviously tempered with. In order to apply for an offer that jmto is referring to, you need to send in your watch for investigation first.

I'd follow jmto's advice and contact Garmin support to see what they can offer you.