This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auxiliary Heart Rate

I used this field on my 935 to compare different sources of HR - it gave me confidence in my TICKR FIT, and helped me decide when the wrist oHR would be 'good enough'. 

However.... its not listed on the CIQ site as compatible with the 945. Does anyone know of an alternative, or know if its possible to 'sideload' direct in the apps folder and could point me at somewhere to download the right file ?

• Sideloading is possible, you have to copy it from app folder on the 935. 

the file Name is generic, you have to try it by yourself (copy one, check, delete, repeat) 

You could also contact the developer via the Connect App Store and ask him compile it onto the 945. 

• I *think* I have a backup of my 935 somewhere on my laptop - I'll give that a go....

I have emailed the dev, but got a fairly generic answer back.

• Is the control of device compatibility only done on the CIQ store ? Or is there something in the compiled PRG file that will stop it running on 945 ?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to BeneGi
    the file Name is generic, you have to try it by yourself (copy one, check, delete, repeat) 

on your watch open the garmindevice.xml file

there within you will find sections with CIQ app name and corresponding CIQ file name Wink

Garmin advices against side-loading for different device types

happy & safe sporting

• I’ve side loaded the Auxiliary Heart Rate app from my Fenix 5+ on to my MARQ Athlete and it works fine. However, you don’t see the recorded data in Garmin Connect as it’s not an officially loaded CIQ app (it is in the fit file though) and you can’t change the app settings from those that were set on the previous watch before copying across. Best bet is for a few of us to ask the dev nicely if he/she could press the respective buttons to update the app for compatibility with the newer watches.

• That really depends on the app itself.  Some will pretty much run on any watch, and some will cause problems on a different watch.  It depends on how the app was actually built for the app store.

• I’ve used ‘contact the developer’ on the CIQ store, so let’s see if anything comes of that.

• Great - thanks.

MARQ.. oooh... someone's doing well! ;) Just reading the DCR review - lovely looking watch. I see the F6 is on the horizon though - so always something new to tempt us with!

I have managed to get the PRG onto the 945, but its not much use without being able to compare the data afterwards. Hopefully the dev will help us out. I cant see it being much more than a quick change and a recompile, unless there is anything changed in the 945.

• , - is there any chance you could post the file here for others who are interested in trying this app? I'd very much like to give this app a chance and produce HR graphs from both the OHR sensor and an HRM-Run. Cheers!

• Hopefully you know what to do with this AuxHR.zipSmiley 

[.prg file goes in the Garmin/Apps folder and the .set in the Garmin/Apps/Settings folder]

As I mentioned before, with a side loaded CIQ data field, the data will be recorded to the fit file but it won't show as a graph in Garmin Connect (only data fields installed from the CIQ store will do that).