This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sound and visual alerts in workout mode

Hello, is there a way to get rid of the sound and visual alerts while in workout mode with zones HR, W, pace ... to respect. 

I still want to tell the watch I have to run at 140 HR for 45' but I don't wan't it to vibrate and show big visual alerts that I am "in the zone" or that my HR is 143 for 5 seconds.
Is that possible ?
Thanks

•  Nice! I did as you said and created a new Intervals activity with Auto Lap off!

Thank you so much!!

• Great glad it fixed it for you Aurelie. 

ok so it's a workout youve created so you've specified the requirements. If you don't want the watch to notify of these requirements then remove them from the workout. 

• Haha! Actually, the workaround is to set really wide ranges, but it kind of starts defeating the purpose... How about just add an option to disable alert? ;) It did exist on one of the older Edge models allegedly.

• But what's the point of setting a range in the 1st place if your not going to follow it? 

• Your setting the workout to have a certain requirement but you don't want the watch to alert you when your not in that certain required range? Seems pointless setting one to me. 

• the point is to know what to do for this interval at the start of it but I don't want the watch to alert me because I can look at it during the interval.
    Plus those alert stay like forever : IE you have 30"/30" to do and it's always showing for like 2-3 sec your pace but it's your pace from 3 sec ago and you can't see your pace now !!! 

• With other alerts you can press the down or up button to go back to the data field screen, will it not work with these alerts? 

• the point is to know what to do for this interval at the start of it but I don't want the watch to alert me because I can look at it during the interval.

Wouldn't it then work to not set a requirement in the workout planner, but rather document your requirement as a step note? When the step starts, it will show you on the watch that text and then you know what to go for. No alerts then.

• that could be a solution but I would loose the workout screen I guess, I'll give it a go ! 
    better would still being able to have an option to cancel alerts Former Member pleaseeeeeee :) 

• What workout screen would you lose?

If you add a note rather than a pace alert for example, this is visible during the entire interval. As an example, I have a workout with 1/4 mile repeats and I put a note in those intervals as "Run this one very fast". That message is visible during each run interval and is not there during the rest intervals in between. 

This method gives you the guidance on what target you are trying to reach, but avoids any alerts based on HR, pace, zones, etc.