This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

is firmware 24.10 arriving also for 935?

On november the first Fenix 5 received https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11435  usually also 935 after 2 or 3 week receive an update .... let's see ...

• Wondering if we will receive this update, or maybe the 935 is no longer receiving updates.

• Good evening, I would really like to believe that Garmin will release a new firmware for us 935 owners but I don't believe it anymore! I'm having problems with the altimeter since the 20.00, the open water swimming distances are reduced... Many triathletes have switched to the 945, soon to be a 955, so investing time in updates that may bring other problems, Garmin's speciality! Sportively

• 24.10 will not arrive for 935, since garmin is already working on 25.xx for fenix 5 series. Do we get 25.xx? Probably not, since we didn't get 22.xx or 23.xx

Is that bad? Nah. None of the bugs that are supposed to be fixed in those versions bug me and the bugs that annoy me are not solved and probably will not be solved.

On the other side, my 935 is still fine except for the battery. GPS usage is reduced to 10 hours max, so I have to charge more often. But the 945 or even the new fenix 7 series doesn't have a single new feature that wants me to update. None of the new stuff will change the way I sport, train, hike or do my daily things.

Maps and trackmode might be the only 2 that are slightly interesting, but not good enough to spend money on.

• 25.00 Just released to Fenix 5. Let's see for 935 24.xx had some problems so the didn't released luckily... Slight smile

• 24.10 was the official and released 24 version. 24.71 was the beta for the 25 release.

This pattern is used by garmin for quite a while.

And problems with release 24.xx? Yeh, sure. It’s garmin software. Of course it got problems. That doesn’t stop them from releasing bug infested firmwares.

I don’t count on it coming to the forerunner 935.