This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone Alerts

My 935 is synced with my phone and connected via Bluetooth.   I receive a notification when I get a telephone call, but not when I get text messages.  I have rebooted the watch.  reconnects with the app, and still it will only give me alerts for phone calls.  in the settings for "my device" I have it set to receive ALL notifications.   

Can anyone help?  I am stuck, and appreciate any help.

Thanks a bunch.

• First of all check in the Garmin Connect APP if you have given all the permissions.
    Go to settings -> Smartphone permissions and check that you have activated what you need (there is the TEXT messages item).

If here it is ok go to:

Garmin devices -> click on your Forerunner 935 device -> Device settings -> notifications and alerts -> phone notifications -> check that in the menus called "show" there is no written "Only calls" otherwise that's the problem and you need to change accordingly.

I hope that I helped you!

• Okey Doke.  For the second paragraph. Yes, I have the sliders set for “All”.    Not “Phone Only”.  

For the first paragraph, I go to settings, phone permissions, and then all I see is Bluetooth, Calendar, Location, and Notifications.  I have Bluetooth and Notifications turned to ON.  When I click on Notifications  it takes me to my phone settings for the connect app.  It does not give me any opportunity to select Phone / Text.  

It’s so stinkin’ weird.  My 935 will alert me for phone calls but not texts. It used to do both, but not now.  I really appreciate your help.  I figure there’s got to be some sort of solution.   

• Oops.  I should have said, when on Phone Permissions, I click Manage Permissions and it takes me to my phone settings. 

• Yuo could check into Android setting -> APP -> find Garmin Connect and check all the permission are enabled or not