This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 Wrong Time

Yesterday, my Forerunner 935 starting telling the wrong time. It is currently losing 10-20 seconds in every minute. It is a gradual drift.

I have factory resent the watch, disconnected it from and uninstalled the Connect app, and checked that the watch is set to automatically update time from GPS. It still loses 10-20s per minute.

I have used the timer on the phone and comapred it to an external digital stopwatch. One minute on the phone is about one minute and seventeen seconds on the stopwatch. So it seems to me that theeis something screwy here.

Of course, if I start an activity and connect to GPS then the time resets itself. Simiarly, having reinstalled the Connect app, if I sync to the app then the time resets. But in both cases the time immediately starts to be slow.

Any suggestions or advice on how this might be fixed? I've emailed Garmin Support, but am not expecting much of a response.

• I'm facing this same issue. It'll be great if someone could help.

Best regards

• I had a lot of back and forth with Garmin Support in Australia, by email and phone. The option they have offered up to me is a discounted refurbished unit as replacement. It is sufficiently discounted that it turned out cheaper than getting mine repaired by a third party.

Will take a while to get my replacement as we are in lockdown, but hey.

I suspect that this is a fault with the GPS somehow. It now takes *FOREVER* to find a GPS signal. 

• Thanks for your reply.

I'll contact garmin support here in Brazil. I don't think I'll get such a discount, but let's try.

I'm facing this issue with GPS too.

This link explain how to update the EPO.BIN file:

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=CevbI1mlnV2SejYAaOQZ29

It solved the GPS issue, but didn't solve the time accuracy problem. Sometimes it gets slow, and sometimes it get faster.

Best Regards,

(sorry about my english)