This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 935 / Connect Won't Show Stride Length for Walking Activities, Just Running

How do I get my Garmin 935 and Connect app to display my stride length in a Walking Activity the way it does with the Running Activity? Even using the HRM Tri, Connect omits the stride length from Walking Activities despite detecting and calculating for Running. I am aware of the ability to calculate this manually by mentally counting off steps, calculating, and entering it under Settings, but what I actually want is the "ground truth" of my stride length on each given Walking Activity, same as the app calculates for Running, without spending my entire exercise keeping a pace count in my head.

A lot of people think this isn't useful (judging from answers to similar questions), but a lot of people probably aren't trying to observe and study step count / stride length variability over varying terrains for land navigation.

Thank you!