This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Refurb 935 or new 245

Predominantly I would be biking but also run and hike better to buy a refurb 935 or a brand new 245. Any who have used both or any opinion appreciated. Thanks

• No worries! I will say that most runners I know, given the choice, would probably get an FR 245. Personally I'm waiting for the next generation.

DCR also says this:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/11/sports-technology-buyers-recommendations-guide-2020-2021.html/

Data-Driven Athlete/Runner: Garmin Forerunner 245/245 Music or COROS Pace 2:

Garmin FR245/FR245 Music: Garmin’s most current mid-range Forerunner now encompasses almost all of the higher end stats found on what was last year’s highest-end watches. Of course, as always, there are new higher-end stats in the land – which you’ll find on the FR745/945/Fenix 6 (I cover those later). But for most people, you’ll find you get everything you could possibly need for running or racing with a Forerunner 245 or 245 Music. PacePro being one of the big additions, which allows you to get dynamic pacing information based on grade and splits. You’ll also get the newer safety/tracking assistance features as well as more data fields/page layouts than years prior. More recently it also got Garmin’s new Track Running mode, which snaps your workouts to the track to get flawless GPS tracks and distances. While the previous FR235 was solidly middle of the pack from a features standpoint, so much has been packed into the FR245 now that it feels more premium than the price point suggests.

Really, it's obvious to me why 245 doesn't have things like barometer, garmin running power and lactate threshold test. If it did, there would be no reason to buy the more expensive watches.

• Don’t know if this is too late to do you any good, but I just picked up a new 935 (not refurb) on Amazon for $269. I was also comparing to 245 or Vivoactive 4, but at this price I think it is the better watch for me since I don’t care about music, payments or maps (I also use an Apple Watch).