This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps and floors way off...

Friend and I are hikers, she's wearing a Vivoactive 3 and I have the 935. Last weekend we did a 6.5 mile hike together. my 935 counted me doing a little over 8000 steps and 25 floors. Her's was over 12,000 and 150 floors. It was well over 1500' of elevation gain up the side of a mountain. This isn't the first time my 935 hasn't counted the elevation or steps. We are both using the standard Garmin hiking app.

• I'd suggest the following test:

borrow the Vivoactive 3 and put it on the same wrist as your FR935, so you wear both watches on the same arm. Then take a walk, without any app running, just the default watchface. If possible, include some stairs to have a quick elevation rise (quick is key!).

Then compare both, if the difference is more than 1%, there might be something wrong with one of the watches. Usually Garmins are very well comparable against each other.

The same test I did with my FR935 and FR945, both were only 3 steps apart on a 10,000 steps walk.

• Well, after another hike, first mile was 1200 feet straight up, 935 50 flights, Vivoactive 110!