This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

calibrate speed sensor 2

Hello

I have paired a speed sensor 2 on a garmin forerunner and set the wheelsize to auto. I made a test ride to 'calibrate the sensor' and run in a flat street for a while about 2.5km a bit over a mile...

i also recorded simultaneously the speed on a garmin edge explore with only gps...the sensors are not added to the edge.

the speed and distances are very diffierent and I do know which ones to trust? if there is a speed sensor on the forerunner it will use it to calculate speed and therefore distance, is garmin edge more accurate with gps only?

I use mainly the forerunner for data and performance... because it is a 'higher"end device it supports power meters and structured workouts whereas the edge explorer is mainly used for navigation. I also tend to discard the data from the edge in order not to have two workouts at the same times one from the edge other from the forerunner.. and thus two workouts uploaded to strava, etc etc.

I come from running world and iknow that the pace in running mode comes from the footpod. I have a stryd that usually does not need calibration but with the wheel size calculation in mm i do not know which value to take...

I hope you can enlighten me..

thank you