This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin golf resets itself

Garmin golf, it has happened in several occassions that when i am in the middle of a round of golf my garmin 935 resets itself, i still can save the scorecard but all the information of the shoots made is gone. what is this? thanks for your support

• Same issue has happened to me on two separate occasions. Interested to hear if there is a solution. 

• Me too. And the Connect app registers each reset as an separate activity.

• Has anyone had a fix for this? Mine keeps doing this too. 

• I had this. Went through Garmin trying all sorts. Eventually they gave up and they replaced my watch with a refurb. Now that I am allowed to play golf in the UK again I have played three rounds and the watch has rebooted itself on two of those. Never in the same place on the course. I also use the watch for running and hiking. I have never had an issue with any activity other than golf. When the watch has rebooted I select golf and then continue round but it saves it as two activities. Perhaps I should add I am not using the scorecard or shot tracker just the app on the watch to give me distances.

• Ditto. exactly that. how did you organise replacement?

• Me too. Happens 5 or 6 times per round, rendering it pretty much useless. I was considering a new Garmin as my 935 is a few years old and thought it was packing it in, though from reading this thread it looks like a software glitch. 

• This has happened to me as well over my last couple of rounds. Never does it during runs, walks, etc. Very frustrating to lose shot history and end up with multiple connect activities. Has anyone or Garmin tied this back to a software update or any other event?  Is it affecting other Garmin golf products?  

• I've been having this issue for a while too and it drives me nuts. exactly the same as the other comments - only does it when using the golf mode, it then loses the shots and saves the activity as multiple activities. it very much sounds like a glitch with the golf activity itself, not sure if there is a way to uninstall and then reinstall?

• I have the same problem that the watch restart during every other round of golf. Never happened during other activities

• my Forerunner 935 with the golf app rebooted at least 4 or 5 times within the first 5 holes today during a round on a golf course that I had never played before.. 

I was quite frustrated, so I stopped using it (fortunately I still had another app that could give me the distances, and I did have my rangefinder as well with me). In the past that had happened maybe twice or three times over the course of hundreds of rounds, so not so bad.

I hope this isn't something that will happen regularly now, as golf is difficult enough without one being frustrated that the watch doesn't work.