This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery time by firstbeat is just useless nonsense

Yesterday I did a relaxed 10k at 5:10 per k. Nothing special. Recoverytime: 44 hours. (Looks like a bit on the highsite)

20 hours later I did a slow long run of 34k at 5:40 per k. Total recoverytime after this run 22 hours. (Did it forget the remaining 24 hours?) 

It looks like it resets recoverytime after each run, or does some really stupid calculations.

One way or the other, it just on of these not really working features on my forerunner 935. 

• The Feature works on your 935 as correct as it does on any other device. Maybe you should return to the manual for explaination at Firstbeat Recovery Time

• They can write in their manual whatever they want. It doesn’t make sense.

When the total recovery for 2 activities is less than the recovery for the first activity you know there is something wrong.

Too bad you have no choice than to pay for these “features”

• What makes you believe that this feature doesn't make sense just because it doesn't fit your world?

"Recovery Time predicts how long it will be before your body is fully recovered and ready for your next intense fitness-improving type workout. Of course, you can still be physically active during the countdown, but if improved performance is your goal may be best to keep your workout activities light and refreshing until you have fully recovered."

That's pretty basic and simple foundation of Training.

You are free to ignore it if you don't like to listen to your trainer, but mind the consequences. In other words, if you like to ignore recovery time heavily, you are free to sum up even more load up to the point that you don't improve or  worse your body collapses. But don't blame the manufacturer then.

• I don’t ignore recoverytime. Firstbeat algorithms do. As I explained.

But if you like to blindly follow some marketing, that’s fine with me.

I do have a trainer, of flesh and blood. And I do listen to my own body. And I do measure my increase in performance in real life. Measured, not calculated. That’s exactly what makes me think firstbeat data is not that high value.

• Well, maybe just a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of recovery time?
    It's described as time to be fully recovered: "Recovery Time predicts how long it will be before your body is fully recovered and ready for your next intense fitness-improving type workout. Of course, you can still be physically active during the countdown, but if improved performance is your goal may be best to keep your workout activities light and refreshing until you have fully recovered."
    www.firstbeatanalytics.com/.../

So even with some activity recovery time in total can decrease. E.g. I rust did some HIT intervals. Recovery time is calculated 33 hrs. I don't do two HIT sessions in two days. Tomorrow will be a long LIT session. It won't contributed (much) to recovery time, so I guess tomorrow after my run, so in approx. 25 hours it will be something like 8-10 hours.

• So, it’s just me who see firstbeat advice that is not in line with common sense, feeling and years of experience.

Others follow blind what firstbeat says on their website.

That’s fine with me. Some people ask questions, others don’t.