This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 SW 20.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with downloading heart rate data post activity.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was intermittently failing to record a golf activity.
  • Fixed an issue where turn direction labels could be intermittently blank while navigating.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was displaying incorrect time for Brazil within the Alternate Time Zones widget.
  • Updated training load usage comments.
  • Brought in CIQ security updates.
  • I use a Polar H10 sensor for running,Firmware Is now 20.00 and i had some HR freezes during run,when the sensor connect to FR935 via BT. HR indications are stucked for some minutes on an inconsistent reading. I never had such issues before. Also VO2max data is indicated as good ( green band ) on the watch and fair ( orange band ) on Garmin Connect performances at the same value.

• Since installing this update my 935 fails to complete a wifi sync transfer. It connects to wifi and displays "Transferring" for a short time and then fails with display "Transfer failed". Wifi transfers worked ok before update. I cleared watch to factory defaults and did a full reconfiguration with same problem! Notre this watch has failed to bluetooth connect with iphones for past 2 years. So now it is useless for syncing except manually through GarminExpress on computer.

• Since installing this update my 935 fails to complete a wifi sync transfer. It connects to wifi and displays "Transferring" for a short time and then fails with display "Transfer failed". Wifi transfers worked ok before update. I cleared watch to factory defaults and did a full reconfiguration with same problem! Notre this watch has failed to bluetooth connect with iphones for past 2 years. So now it is useless for syncing except manually through GarminExpress on computer.

• WiFi sync does not work anymore with firmware 12.50 too.

It's something with Garmin servers. They already had this glitch at least once.

• Once again, updating is a pain. I don't use Garmin Express, so I try to update on the watch and by using GCM...

...since days with no success!

Why Garmin doesn't push the software updates on their servers for easy access?

The last firmware I could download easily from the web server was version 14.1 :(

• In one of my activities after 20.20 update the track on the map was not complete (stopped few km before activity end). The total numbers (km, time etc.) as well as all laps records are correct, just missing piece of the track on the map. This is quite strange, I never observed that before.

• I had same issue once on PREVIOUS update! 

• Good evening, I add my coin to the setbacks of the last updates: the D+/D- were already bad enough since version 19.10 but with this new update we reach the bottom... 459m of D+ for a training that should have only 15m max! The WIFI sync doesn't work anymore either, I don't know whether to laugh or cry? In fact, I feel like I bought a nice triathlon watch that only works well for playing golf. But I don't play golf ;)
    Mr. Garmin, please do something quickly. Thanks

• Hi Bruno. How old is your watch? Mine is 3 years old and i suspect planned obsolescence. Every two years Garmin releases a new model so after 3 years they have planned to sell me a new watch. Anyway business is not compatible with durability and we won't save humanity thanks to Garmin business plan.

• Hello Freddy, my watch is a little more than 2 years old but personally I don't think about the programmed obsolescence but rather that Garmin is drowning with updates that always try to offer new functions that often don't bring much to the average user who like me chose this watch to run, swim and bike. Let the data be good for these profiles, then if the watch meets other expectations why not but first do only what it is made for, let it do it well! I was very happy with it until FW 15.10 but since Angry.