This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 SW 20.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with downloading heart rate data post activity.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was intermittently failing to record a golf activity.
  • Fixed an issue where turn direction labels could be intermittently blank while navigating.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was displaying incorrect time for Brazil within the Alternate Time Zones widget.
  • Updated training load usage comments.
  • Brought in CIQ security updates.
  • Since the 20.00 update on my Forerunner 935 my steps (and stairs) are not being counted anymore, only during activities the tracker seems to count. Activity tracking is on. I did not do a factory reset yet, as I’d rather not configure the entire watch again. Anybody have the same issue?

• For me steps and floor count work.
    Well, I always do a reset (press and hold light key until device powers off) after each firmware update. Maybe try this.

• me too just after upgrading to SW 20.00, never before! hope Garmin Team solve this problem

• I had not considered the temperature, but now that you have mentioned it, I looked at my last few runs and the elevation errors correlate well to temperature. 

Example: Friday was the worst error yet and it was also the warmest day I've run this year with temp of 79F/26C. Today, the temp was only 60F/16C and the error was less. The barometric elevation measurement was only three times as much as gps today compared to six times greater on Friday. 

• I'm adding my altimeter experience. Since the 19.xx version I have bugs in the D+ estimation. Everytime this value is overstimated. But, the D- is quite closed to the expected value (GPS, comparison to 945FR and fenix 5). I'm pretty sure that it's an algorithm bug since the bug doesn't exist before, and, reading all these comments, my sensor should not be down.

Moreover, there are plenty of people which are disappointed with the 19.xx update and nothing has been done in this version. In my using of the FR935, I can't trust the summary because if D+ is out, what about kcal? intensity measurement? recovery time? and more? which should be calculated on the D+ value (or at least should depends on).

So, in summary, since the update, I can't use this expensive watch and nothing from Garmin. I called the customer service which can't give me a process to downgrade my soft to an older version than 19.xx...On their website, nothing since the 14.xx version. I hope a very very soon update from Garmin.

• got wifi problems too. my watch connects to wifi, but sync is not working. results in abort

• Yes. Since SW 20.00, my FR935 has many issues to connect to the WIFI ("connection can't be established"). This was never a problem before. I now have to sync my activities via bluetooth/iPhone most of the times. The direct WIFI synch only works from time to time without issues. Have already deleted my WIFI and added it newly to the watch, but this did not solve the problem :(

• Hi,

I too am having issues with wifi syncing since the update to 20.00. I now usually get a message that the transfer has failed - yet the information seems to have transferred to Connect. Perhaps some is missing and I do not realise it. Disappointing after nearly 2 years of excellent performance.

• After updating 20.00 my watch now just stops recording my bike activities at random.  Worked flawlessly before.  Is there a way to go back to the prior version?

• After updating to 20.00 my watch now randomly stops recording my bike activities with no warning.  This never happened before.  Pretty much makes the watch useless.  is there a way to go back to the prior version.