This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 SW 20.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with downloading heart rate data post activity.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was intermittently failing to record a golf activity.
  • Fixed an issue where turn direction labels could be intermittently blank while navigating.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was displaying incorrect time for Brazil within the Alternate Time Zones widget.
  • Updated training load usage comments.
  • Brought in CIQ security updates.
  • I was hoping on fixes for altimeter issues... Next time ? 

• same as in post. Maybe you was more than one update ahead?

• It's the same with my watch. Floors count is also incorrect

• Same problem for me on my 935: since upgrading to version 19.10, activity elevation will report wildly excessive values. Elevation reading during an activity seems to regularly 'reset' to reasonable values (perhaps calculated by GPS?) but then quickly drifts to incorrect values (e.g. 50 or 100m lower or higher). This will also happen every time I stop/start an activity.

Do it enough times and a hilly course with 100m positive elevation will become 800m or more. It might be an issue with the barometric altimeter on my device, but then why didn't it happen before upgrading to version 19.10? By the way I tried to clean/wash the watch and in particular the area around the sensor, as recommended, but it didn't change anything. 

Incorrect reading if altitude will affect many important element in my recorded activities, like the Strava GAP and relative effort, and then fitness trends and all historical indicators. Very annoying...

If it was a problem with the barometer, it would be useful to have a configuration to use GPS altitude only, but it doesn't exist. It might not be too accurate, but it won't have wildly incorrect values.

Or even better, perhaps have a smarter algorithm that will use GPS readings of altitude to have a reasonable range of plausible altitude, and barometric 'changes' to have a reasonable reading of variations.

Either way, it's disappointing to have such an expensive watch and not being able to use elevation readings.

• Thanks for adding more detail to the post, as my situation is exactly the same as you have described. I was annoyed at having written a post on the 19.10 thread and so when I posted again here I left out many specifics. 

I agree completely that we should, at a minimum, have the option to override the barometer with GPS altitude in-activity. I have no problem accepting a few meters difference rather than literally hundreds of meters error that we are currently experiencing. 

• After installing SW 20.00 i was not able to sync my run automatictly. Today i connected my Forerunner 935 manualy via the menu. After that my data synced without a problem.

• It was 19.10 but I updated with my phone so it was a lot of time that I didn't connect the 935 to the computer .... maybe  it remebers al missing steps ... :)

• Updated to 20.00 today, went for a 6-mile treadmill run and my 935 thought it was 7 plus miles so had to calibrate but last weeks of running 6 miles on the same treadmill every day (literally 6 miles at about the same cadence) I never say such a large distance deviation. Why Gamin ???

• Agreed, the constantly disconnecting BT is very frustrating

• I do but guess it could be server related as my 530 have issues as well