This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Courses disappear from my forerunner 935

A couple of times in the last weeks courses disappear from my forerunner 935.

This happend to me at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Yesterday I transferred a course to my watch. I checked yesterday eve and it was still there. This morging it was gone. Very annoying.

I reported it to the Dutch garmin suppor, and their reaction was:

"Dat een toestel een bepaalde werking heeft betekend niet dat als iets niet kan het een bug betreft.

Als u nog een specifieke vraag heeft wil ik u helpen, anders sluit ik deze case."

or in English:

"Because a device has a certain functionality, it doesn't mean that if something is not possible it is a bug.

If you have an other specific question I am willing to help you, otherwise I close this case"

Don't know what makes me more sad. An other bug in gamrin software or the reaction op garmin support

• Had to figure it out by myself, because dutch garmin support was in their usual deny mode.

If you connect your watch to both garmin connect and garmin explore al sort of problems occur. Including disappearing courses and restarts of my watch during syncs.

After pushing dutch garmin support in the right direction they may want to look at it. 

• New developments.

I've got feedback from the development team

"It sounds like the device is resetting itself. It is a curious case and I would go ahead and exchange the device for them." 

They want to investigate my watch and although it is out of warranty they offer to replace my watch with an other one.

This means that I have to pay to ship my watch to Garmin and have to wait a couple of weeks before I get an other device in return.

For me this is unacceptable. They want my device. I'm really trying to help, as I spent quite some time looking into the problem en narrowed it down for garmin. But I don't want to miss records of my training for several weeks.

I wished them success with finding the bug. I'' have to lLearn to live with no Garmin Explore connection.

Oh, and by the way. Garmin also said they never heart of this problem before. That's only because they don't read their own forum: forums.garmin.com/.../garmin-explore---sync-fail-and-restart

• U.S. support has an option to make a deposit, allowing them to send you a replacement watch immediately. It's refunded when they receive your device.

• @Roedema Not in the Netherlands.

Really strange. It’s them that want my watch for research. But I have to pay for transport, wait weeks for a replacement, get a refurbished watch without warranty. So if the battery or the buttons or the barometer or the connection pins or everything else people complain about is worse than my own watch..

All that to do them a favor. That’s customer support over here.