This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Resting heart rate problem

I'm facing strange behaviour with Resting heart rate on my FR 935.  Let's say I have 3 days period and measurements: 

1 day - 52

Next day, widget shows:

1 day - 52 (hard training this day)

2 day - 56  (hard training day before, so it's ok)

and another 3'rd day: 

1 day - 52

2 day - 54 << value changed! 

3 day - 52 

Why with 3'rd day, 2'nd day changed from 56 to 54? Do you have same experiences? 

• I do experience odd behaviour with resting heart rate (current heart rate is lower than resting heart rate reports), but yours might be explainable.

Between the time you looked at resting heart rate and the end of the day, your watch might measure a lower resting heart rate and records it as the lowest of the day.

More people here on the forum report updates resting heart rate for the previous day.

I don't think Garmin sees the importance of resting heart rate. They see it as yet an other peace of data to show.

• Your resting heart rate is based on a 24 hour period and normally determined during your sleep. If you go to sleep at say 10pm there is another two hours in that day for your resting HR for that day to be determined. I think that might be what you are seeing here.

• My resting HR has skyrocketed since the 19.10 update rolled out.  It's normally very steady/reliable, but for the past 3 days, I'm getting results a good 10bpm higher than I've ever had.  No change in my routine, I'm not sick, etc.  Definitely something whacky going on.