This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it a good option?

Hello, I have to retire my faithful 910 XT and I do not know what Garmin to buy.  I had thought about the 935. I will surely postpone this purchase until the end of 2020 and I do not know if the device will remain flat and operational since these devices become obsolete very soon.  It is a great effort and expense for my economy and I would like the purchase to be lasting.  Do you think it is a good option?  The 945 is prohibitive for my pocket.  Thank you.

• 1 - Do you need the watch just for running or for other sports?

• I have to prepare some races and swimming tests. I know that they are not demanding at all, but I really like having controlled data of all kinds. The 910 XT is fine, but there are times when it's hard to connect with the Garmin app, and sometimes the GPS takes a long time to connect.

• Ok. Mine as been a veryyyyy good watch! But I think the 945 will be a better watch for the years to come. 

• Uff but it is much more expensive. My economy is not for many excesses.

• I think it's a great choice. It may not get many updates from Garmin going forward, but the firmware is very stable for me at this point.

• 935 will not become obsolete. The basics will keep working (gps, time, syncing to garmin connect/strava, heartrate, although a cheststrap is so much better than OHM). 

If it's batterylife and/or multisport you want, a 935 is fine. And will be for at least 3 years to come (mine is 3 years old, and I plan to keep it for a couple of years more). remember that batterylife is not (only) about ultramarathons, but also how often you have to charge and how big or small the chance is you first have to charge before you can workout. 

If it's economics you want a 245 or even 235 is fine. It has more than enough functions for running or other sports

Sure, a 935 has more features than a 235/245 and a 945 has more features than a 935. But do you really need them (and to be honest: do they really work?)

just my 2 cents

• Thanks for your reply. Surely with a 245 I had to spare, but sometimes we feel like a little more "exclusive" whim and the Garmin 935 seemed ideal. I keep saving and I will see the time has come to have achieved an adequate figure the decision I make but the 935 is the strongest candidate.

• Hi, I think in the end I will hold a little more time saving euros and I will buy the Garmin FR945. Greetings and take care.