This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WHR sensor light is not blinking but always on at full power

29 November I had noticed wrist heart rate sensor light on my 935 went unusually bright and afterwards it went off and sensor was not able to measure heart rate.

I’ve tried power off, hard reboot, combinations of reboot with WHR being on/off, and finally factory reset. If I remember correct, the light was going on for a moment when watch was starting, but only for a short moment and anyway HR was not being measured. The only exception when HR data was recorded was during two activities (I’m not sure whether the light was on or not during that time. HRM strap was not used).

Watch battery was dead by end of the day, which was very strange for me as usually it lasted for about a week.

30 November at about the same time when the watch started malfunctioning the day before, the watch started to measure HR. The problem since then is that light is always on (when the watch is being worn; being laid on a table upside down the light goes off after couple of seconds) and very bright. The light is not flushing or blinking like it did before but is constantly on at full power.

As the result battery lasts only about 24 hours instead of a week which I used for.

I do realize that WHR itself should be always on when in Auto mode, but I believe normal mode for light is intermittent blinking, not permanent blazing.

Is there any way I can return the watch to previous low energy consuming blinking state?

Software 14.10 (35fa420), WHR 20.03.31

• This is certainly not normal. The full intensity constantly illuminated LEDs suggests it is trying to find a pulse, but normally if it doesn't succeed in measuring anything, it will stop after ~15 seconds or so. What happens when you take the watch off and put it flat on a table with the screen facing downwards? Are the LEDs still on after ~15 seconds? In any case, try contacting Garmin Support, preferably by phone, that's the easiest.

• Twinaxx, thanks for your input! In case somebody faces similar problem later, the watch was replaced by Garmin Support. Looks like this is a hardware issue, so it can't be solved by any manipulations with software.