This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 935 goes into autopause (for no apparent reason) on a bike ride and won't come out unless I power the device off and back on.

Garmin 935 goes into autopause (for no apparent reason) on a bike ride and won't come out unless I power the device off and back on.  It may just have lost the GPS signal.  It's not like I stopped or even slowed down that much.  I've gotten this on my new Edge 530 too.  I've already gotten a replacement for the 935 and after a year, it is happening again on the new unit. My Garmin Edge 500 works flawlessly during the same ride.

• what is the trigger for the autopause? stop or speed threshold?

change the trigger and observe

• I had this challenge once when I was using a speed/cadence sensor that was slightly out of alignment. I was getting intermittent "pausing" until I aligned the magnet/sensor. Everything returned to normal after the alignment.

• It is set to 'when stopped' - thanks!

• Thanks @openbox9!  Garmin replaced my Edge 520 with a new one because it was under warranty and they couldn't diagnose the issue.  I took it out for a ride 2 days ago and had the issue 3 times.  After the third time, I remembered your post and checked the speed/cadence sensor.  It turns out the sensor on the pedal was loose.  I was able to tighten it during the ride and the issue did not occur the rest of the ride.  When I got home, I put some tape on it to hold it more firmly in place.  I took the same ride today and had no issues!  I'm hopeful that the issue is now solved.  Many thanks!

• Was this the problem all along? Was it nothing to device with the watch after all?

• Not yet sure since the issue was sporadic.  I will continue to test and report back if the issue occurs again. Since I was having the issue with both the 935 and the Edge 530, it seems like that this was the issue. However, I never had the issue with my Edge 500 - but i suspect the software on the Edge 500 is significantly different. 

• Update Nov 7 2019: I continued to have the issue even after I tightened the speed/cadence sensor, so I simply removed the speed/cadence sensor and have not had the issue in the past month.