This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill Calibration not sticking ?

Hi 

I on the lastest official firmware 14.10. I've been running on the same treadmill for 4 days now. At every run it has showed a 2 km difference, which I correct in the watch by calibrate and save option. The strange thing is that it should reduce the difference in the following runs which it is not doing. 

It's like it is not sticking and the calibration itselft is not being done. 

Anyone has see it ? Any suggestions ?

• Bonjour. J'ai aussi remonté les problèmes que la plupart des gens ici rencontrent, et j'ai transmis également tous les messages de ce forum pour qu'ils puisse intervenir rapidement. Toutefois, le conseillé de Garmin avec qui j'ai parlé il y a 2 semaines m'as dis que le problème venait surement de la dernière version 14.10 et qu'il fallait attendre la sortie de la version 15.30 pour que cela soit corrigé.

• Any news from them ?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to andrema2

I went for a full reset, that worked a few times and stopped again after my last TM run.

Did not try the latest beta yet.

Changes made from version 14.10 to 14.72:

• Brought in support for CIQ SDK v3.1.
    • Improved pairing experience with Garmin Dual ANT+/BLE Sensors.
    • Fixed an issue with treadmill calibration.
    • Fixed an intermittent issue where average HR, max HR, and calorie counts could be inaccurate during a pool swim.
    • Fixed an issue where the course list appears to skip a course when scrolling.
    • Made several improvements for Golf.
    • Made other miscellaneous code improvements and bug fixes.

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks for contacting them. For me it’s exactly 0.57 miles on the treadmill and my watch calls it 1 mile. 3.8 miles gives my watch a 7 mile run ...ughhhhh. 

• I gather that this issue is known to Garmin and is potentially addressed with the next Firmware.   My concern is timing.  When is the next Firmware due?   It's getting tiresome having people complement me on my 4:30/mile pace after my easy 8:30/mile pace runs on Strava not to mention recallibrating after each treadmill run not fully adjusting the underlying data.  i.e. a run could be updated to 5 miles at 9/mile but it's showing each mile split at 4:30/mile pace.