This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 935 - GPS Data issue (speed+distance)

Hi at everyone.

I have a Garmin 935 APAC with firmware version 13.40.0.0 and since it was updated to this version when riding with the "bike" application, at approximately 12-14 km (20 minutes), the device stops showing speed and distance (neither shows nor saves them). It does not seem to be a problem of the GPS signal, it has happened to me in four consecutive occasions and always when that time has been running and only with the "bike" application (with the "run" application it does not happen).
I have tried to change GPS, GPS + Glonass and GPS + Galileo, but it also happens so I think that it is not a problem of the satellite signal.
At the end of the ride, although the distance shown isn't correct (the 12-14 kms indicated), in Garmin Connect does show on the map the all route correctly (???). The speed is not saved either. I use it with a Garmin GSC 10 sensor that does display and store the cadence correctly and it hasn't shown any problems with the Garmin 935. The heart rate is shown and data stored. I also deleted all previous rides in case it was a storage problem on the device.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Can a previous firmware downgrade be performed?

Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

No downgrade possible for APAC devices that I know of.

Best practice after a firmware update...

Do a hard reset by press and hold the light button until the screen goes dark.

Before...sync your data with Garmin Connect Web or Mobile.

Afterwards...sync your time when not already done automagically

You can check the content of your fit file here... fit2tcx.runalyze or FitFileRepairTool

Or with your consent we could have a look at your file with FitFileRepairTool

zip the fit file and post here in the forum or provide a link to it on a cloud storage

suggest to do the mentioned hard reset

and check your GSC 10 battery, better replace it

happy & safe sporting

• While the 935 should revert to GPS when the GSC-10 stops sending information that might not always be the case. The first thing to go with the GSC-10 when the battery is flat is speed/distance measures from the wheel. It won't do any harm to replace the battery.

if you have the wheel size setting set to auto in the GSC-10 sensor settings, change it to manual and input the appropriate number for your wheel - you can usually find this information at the back of the user manual.

Check also that you do have GPS 'on' for the bike profile that you are using.

And if all that doesn't resolve the problem, contact Garmin Support.

• happened ten days ago on a friend of mine's 935, (not APAC), solved restoring standard pages of Run and Bike activities (Run-Run Setup-Data Pages-Restore predefined). Run activity restored also by adding another page with only pace data without restoring predefined (but i do that too later), Bike activity needed a full data pages restoring.