This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Open water swim issue

Since few days ago, my 935 device won't measure accurately open water swim distance. It's basically an euphemism for won't measure at all. I swam today 2.5 km over 1 hour and measured distance was 3 m. Since two of my friends who own 935 also have the same issue for the last couple of weeks, I wanted to see if this is a common thing with 935. I don't recall any software updates that would be the root cause. Had an olympic distance triathlon race on Saturday and everything was fine then.

• I think Garmin teases the operating system of old devices to sell new ones. is marketing like that. Unless she is so incapable of correcting a 2+ year old problem

• I swam at the same beach with Garmin 935 and 945. There is a huge difference how the 935 and 945 samples the record. 935 samples much less than 945. This is one of the reason why the accuracy of 935 is so bad. I guess this is a known issue and limitation of 935. 

How can i share the pictures of the record here?

• Do you have the GPS set at smart recording or every second?

• Smart recording was set for Both 935 and 945.

Every second may help but I believe it’s power consumption will be much higher. 

• The problem is: it was Ok previously... im not an avid svimmer, but lately it seemed really really off the mark... like at least by half less that what i do, whereas 3 years in a row it was totally acceptable(maybe some 20% off, which doesnt bother me at all- i had forerunner 310xt before, so 935 was purrfect). but lately its really terrible, and it really seems like a marketing to push buyers to purchase the new model more often... 

• I started seeing very inaccurate swim measures last year but didn’t pay attention to it much as I wasn’t training for any races but this season it still persists.very frustrating. 
    I had accurate swim distance back early on 2019 but all of sudden in summer of 2020 the watch went bezurk on me.will call Garmin tomorrow and complain. 

• Hello, I think we can complain as much as we want to Garmin: they know that there are problems following the last updates on some series of watches, whether for swimming distances or altitude. The Fr935 is not their priority. I don't understand why the bugs affect some watches and not others? I guess the components are not the same... In short, there is no more evolution on this watch, the Fenix5 which is of the same design has some but does it solve the problems without adding any?

Sportively

• Dear All, I have problems with my 935. Altimeter in activity is allways too high. Distance in open water swimming allways too short (app. 700m recorded for 1000m really). Do you think it can come from the firmware ? I have 21. Do someone have infos about the release date of the new one ? Thanks

• Buenas, pues seguro que tienes razón, pero al comprar mi próximo reloj voy a tener muy en cuenta el trato que garmin da a sus modelos " no tan nuevos"

• Both mine and my wife's 935's started under-reading on swimming about 12 months ago. We haven't been swimming open water much so just assumed it was a GPS glitch. This month I started racing again so did some proper testing and have confirmed both watches are under-reading whether on the wrist or on a bouy. It's a solid >20% under read. I contacted Garmin and the best they could offer was a 30% discount on a new watch. Real shame that a £450 watch is no longer fit for purpose after 3 years... surely there is a software fix they could look into for the likely thousands of people with this issue?!