This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turning off Lap Alert but keeping 1km laps

I'm trying to find a way to turn off the Lap Alert - I don't want the summary at the end of each lap. But I still want the watch to be recording 1km laps so that I can use Last Lap Pace and other metrics as data fields, and so that when I look at the run afterwards it comes up in 1km laps on GC and third party sites.

Is there a way this can be done?

If I turn off auto-lap, will it default to 1km laps and achieve the same thing?

• No, there is built-in no way to do this.Unfortunately you can't turn off the lap alert.

Couple of notes:

• If you use Strava, you'll automatically get 1 km "splits" in addition to whatever laps were recorded in the activity. However, the data displayed for these splits is pretty minimal
    • If you use https://runalyze.com (which is free and automatically syncs with GC), you can chop any activity up into arbitrary laps (by time or distance) with full stats 

I actually have a Connect IQ datafield which allows you to have auto splits (by time or distance) that are completely independent of your Garmin laps. It's a full-screen data field with 6 fields and 100s of metrics, including lap, split, last lap and last split data. It has alerts for splits, but they are optional. It also has an optional Lap/split Viewer which can show you a list of your recent laps during an activity.

It's called Lap+ and is available here: apps.garmin.com/.../77c83bb1-925e-4323-a2ab-e97269c3cdb9

So you can kinda accomplish what you want, provided that you only need up to 6 split metrics, and provided you're willing to use a 3rd-party service to look at your activities afterwards.

• Install Lap+ data field
    • Disable auto laps on watch
    • Set auto splits in Lap+ to 1 km
    • Choose your six metrics, from any combo of:
      • Lap, Last Lap, Split, Last Split, Current
      • Min, Max, Average, Current
      • [Standard metrics such as pace, speed, HR, cadence, etc.]
    • View your activity in Runalyze or Strava if you want to see the 1 km laps after the fact

I realize that's not exactly what you want. I guess the other option would be to find a Connect IQ "device app" (which completely replaces the Run activity) which records a run and supports laps, but does not show a lap info screen. The problem there is that you would lose most of the features available to a native run activity, unless they are replicated in the app.