This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Floors Climbed is suddenly very inaccurate and a possible altimeter problem

For the first year my "floors climbed" was extremely accurate, being within a floor or two, even with 50= floors climbed.

Back in February, I began to get credit for more floors than I actually climbed, but by a few.

It slowly got worse, now I am getting double & triple of what I actually climb.

Around the same time I noticed that over a period of several days, my "altitude" creeps up by a few hundred feet.

It will reset with a GPS based activity (primarily cycling), and records relatively accurate data during any activity.

If I got three or four days without a GPS based activity, my altimeter will creep up from ~65 feet (accurate for where I live) to over 700 feet.

Firmware is up to date, I've soaked the watch in warm, soapy water, and there is no damage to it at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

• Sounds familiar. See other recent posts here on same issue. The 935 firmware/software seems to need calibration updates (either via GPS based activity or a calibration session) every week or so to offset altitude drift. FWIW, I'm at about 5300' elevation and see the same thing. 

Regarding stairs counts, I think this is a difficult issue for the watch hardware because elevation/pressure differences are pretty small between floors. In my case (repeatedly running up and down the one flight of stairs available to me) I frequently get significantly different Climbed/Descended numbers even though I start and end at the same elevation (example from yesterday: 33 climbed/47 descended; in addition to other climbing/descending during the day, I ran up/dows 25 flights in one session). Perhaps firmware/hardware tweaks could fix this in the future?

• same here. i'm pretty sure it startet with the 13.30 update. my first 935 was exchanged because suddenly floor climbed and altitude for activities was completly off.

this time its a bitt strange. soometimes it's better, sometimes worth but always too much. when i switch the barometer mode from auto to "barometer only" it gets a bit better. 

• Same here, floor climbed counter is completely wrong and also the altimeter is not precise anymore.

• mine is on its way to garmin, rma. again. 2nd device with the same problem

• got the replcaement unit and now it works again. even after updating to 13.30 (there was an old fw installed). strange eough, also the calculated ftp value in garmin express mobile is updated again with the new unit. with the previous unit it stopped updating months ago (ftp was always visible in the activities)