This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CRACK IN HEART RATE SENSOR

The HR sensor on my Garmin forerunner 935 cracked . Without any impact or accident. 

After checking on various forums, it's evident that this is a quality issue. 

Discussed this with Garmin support and they want me to pay 7000 INR for replacing, what's surprising is that a company like Garmin is not accepting that it's a quality issue.

It's a sports watch, it should be able to handle the sunscreen and other chemics I use on my skin. 

Even if I pay 7000, what's the guarantee that it won't happen again. The new once comes with a 3 month warranty. So if it happens again after 3 months I have to pay 7000 again. 

This is not what you expect after buying a  INR 40000+ watch.

Waiting for a response from Garmin support. 

• I have a strong suspicion that the clear plastic covering on the HR monitor is made of acrylic (plexiglass), which is especially susceptible to cracking when exposed to some chemical solvents.  For instance, cleaning acrylic with alcohol is a no-no as it will expedite the cracking/crazing of plexiglass.  In the laboratory setting, I intentionally avoid junk made of plexiglass if longevity is required.  A better choice of material for the clear windows of the HR monitor would be polycarbonate.

• Same, cracked no misuse or abuse.  Like the rest of you, I am very disappointed and will warn others of the poor quality.

• There is a problem with the sensors I have a vivoactive HR after a year made cracks! Garmin's answer was that the watch is old !!! This for future customers to know.