This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Longest activity i can record?

Hi!

I cannot find whats the longest activity i can track. I'm pretty sure there should be a limit..

Do anyone knows about it?

May i be able to track a 40hrs activity without a problem? 80 hours? 100 hours?

Considering i want to use the hrm run band and using ultra track.

• I did a 10 hour ultra (not using ultratrack) and there was still some juice left. I doubt you would get 40. Try just wearing it for a few days until battery runs out

• You can definitely track beyond the useful battery life of the device.  Whatever limit exists, i'ts probably something to do with overloading the processing/storage of the device with too much data.  I'm a slow ultrarunner and routinely log activities that require me to remove the watch and charge it briefly during the run.  Somewhere around the 15 hour point (with regular tracking, not ultra-track) I remove the watch from my wrist and hook it up to a portable USB battery pack for 15-20 minutes.  By that point the watch is fully charged and I can put it back on my wrist.  It usually works fine, although sometimes the watch will lock up during the process.

Things can get slow and sluggish when the activity gets too large.  Using ultra-track would certainly help in that regard, reducing the actual data size of the activity simply due to fewer position recordings.

• You can "charge on the go" and not be limited by battery life.  The only thing is you have to take the watch off to plug in the charging cable.  

• yes, i would do that also. What do you mean by " the watch will lock up during the process". Did you lose the activity?

My fear is that when i want to end the activity, the watch is so slow that it fails to save the activity and i end up loosing everything.

A few months ago, i recorder 5 splits of ~15hrs and it worked ok. Then i wanted to unify the fit files to see the whole run in a single activity but it seems you can't upload big fit files to garmin connect Sweat smile

• I've recorded up to 34 hours (you need to charge on the go to achieve this) - but if you get a slimline desktop charger you can do this while wearing the watch, and the hr from the HR band will still be picked up while charging.  If you have a longish break in an activity you can simply use the 'resume later' option instead of saving and you still have one seamless track.