This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

935 and huawei phone won't pair

Hi all. 

Today my watch dropped connection to phone. And I can't reconnect. 

Getting that screen shot. Connected the watch to my laptop. Downloaded latest version of express and synced watch and installed items ready for installation. No joy. 

Any solutions out there? Phone is a Huawei p smart. 

• Keep getting "go to mobile app to add device" on watch but app is finding the watch but won't connect. Resulting in screen shot above. I've deleted and reinstalled app on phone and no joy 

• I've had a Huawai Y6 for about a year now and it's the worst phone I've ever had for sync problems with my Garmin. One thing to check is that it appears in the phones bluetooth settings as paired before trying to sync/connect with the garmin software. On the phone go to Settings -> Device Connection -> Bluetooth and check your watch shows in "Paired Devices". If it's showing in "Available Devices" you can click on the device and it should bring up the pairing wizard and a code on your watch screen to enter. If you don't see your watch in paired or available devices a reboot of the phone usually fixes this and it will then appear in bluetooth available devices where you can complete the pairing. Once this is done you should be able to add the watch in the Garmin Connect App. 

Mine will disconnect every couple of months and I have the go though this process every time to get it working again!

Hope that helps and good luck.

• I own a P30 Pro and had the same problems in the beginning.As I use the German version I don't know if the path I describe is correctly translated, but give it a try. In the "Settings" menu, go to "Battery" -> "App-Start" -> disable automatic switch on the connect app. Go back to the "Battery" main menu, enter "Battery usage", search for the "Connect" app and enter it, tap on "App start". Enable all three switches below, ("Auto-Start", "Secondary Start" and "Run in the background". Keep the "Automatic" switch on top deactivated !!! Go back and pairing should work. If not, restart your phone and watch. That's it...

• how did you get this sorted? 

• Same issue here. Forerunner 935 is shown in the list of bluetooth devices but pairing fails. I installed the windows software but it did not solve the issue. I removed the forrunner from the android app on my Huawei P30 Pro but then paring failed again and I am not able to add my device again. On a Samsung S9+ the forerunner 935 is immediately recognized and paired via bluetooth. 

• My 935 disconnected from the phone nearly two weeks ago. I didn't get it connected again on my P30 Pro first but after following the instructions from Garmin on the web concerning connection issues between the Huawei and the 935 it all works fine again.

• I solved it by reinstalling the Garmin Connect mobile app again by unpairing the phone's bluethooth from the watch and removing the authorization for wearable devices from Google Play services.
  • I spotted the problem. I had installed the app on another device (a Samsung tablet without 3G). I deactivated bluetooth and my phone recognized my Forerunner 935 immediately but then disconnected again. It is only when I uninstalled the app from the tablet that the phone automatically recognized and reconnected to the Garmin watch.