This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Alarm and clock issues

Weird alarms behavior: the one set to 'vibrate only' vibrates and sounds. Another one did not work at all! I was late as a result.

Worse, couple of days ago I noticed the clock was abt 20 min behind... And it happened again just now. Restart does not help, gps re sync is required.

But unless you keep comparing the time to another clock you would not know it is off... And alarms that do not alarm are ... Alarming.

what the ***? How can I rely on the basic watch functions?!!

anyone experienced this and knows a permanent fix?

• The issue continues intermittently - sometimes the clock becomes 20-30 min late. It seems to occur immediately after or shortly after charging, but I cannot be sure if it is only after computer or usb-charger charging or both.

Been in correspondence with Garmin and after a couple of emails of 'minor troubleshoot advice' type, Garmin now says the watch needs replacing. 

Thinking

• My watch freezes when I had it connected to my macbook but don't eject properly before I unplug the usb cable.

The result is that alarms don't go off when you expect it. 

When I charge it with a usb charger or eject properly before unplugging nothing goes wrong. But the thing is, the cable unplugs fairy easy due to wear. 

I've reported this behaviour to garmin support, but they blame it on a hardware failure and because my watch is over 2 years old garmin will charge money only for looking at the problem. I really don't think it's a hardware problem. It's just a software bug where a sudden lost of connection (with my macbook) is not handles properly. (and they claim it doesn't happen on other devices) 

Since I've had it with all the software bugs I will switch back to Suunto any time soon. Any money spend at garmin is money thrown away, imho. 

Funny to see today dc rainmaker is also complaining about garmins problematic software skills. 

• Well, Garmin, without looking much into the issue and suggesting nothing but hard reset has now offered me replacement with a refurbished watch, with up to 2 weeks turnaround. In the 6 different responses fron Garmin there were 4 different people responding.

This does not look like they want to find the route cause and I certainly do not want a refurbished unit instead of new or being without a watch for up to 2 weeks.

Hmmmm... Not so good.

• Unfortunately this has been one of those ongoing issues that Garmin have not been able to sort out. It's an inconvenience but I since I experienced this some months back (and reported it) I always check that the seconds or second hand are increasing after I disconnect. If there is no movement, a power cycle always sorts that out. Or I just plug it back in and eject properly.

I don't see this on my other Garmin watches so I suspect they could be right (for once) that it doesn't happen on other devices. But that doesn't help as it does happen on the 935.

As an aside, I see my attached hard drive disconnect without warning and also has problems reconnecting unless I unplug/plug it back in again.

• I don’t mind products having problems. They all do, and the software I make also has problems. That’s a fact of life.

But I do mind how a company deals with problems. 

Garmin denies there is a problem and shows absolutely no interest in making their product bettet by fixing the problems. 

• This morning alarm 11 minutes too late, with vibration and sound, even though only vibration set on.

• Sounds similar to my issue.

From my observations it only occurs after charging.  Gps re sync and restart seem to help in my case.

Garmin's sugestion was full reset with loss of all data and confuguration or replacement with a refurbished unit, none of which seems necessary or was a satisfactory solution to me, especially that the solution part was not guaranteed.