This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status "No Status"?

"No Status" since 29th April?
Recording load OK, recovery OK, training Effect OK.
I last used a power meter (broken) on 15/4.
Been using a mix of wrist HR and HRM Run since then (about 15hr of cycling).
  • I started getting the "No Status" a few days ago. No update to VO2 Max, Training Load is "Low", even though I've ridden my bike for 32 hours & 550 miles in the past two weeks.

• When will it be fixed? I have no status either. My friend has 735 (I have 935) and when we finish a bike ride together hers shows her automatically what her status is !?

• I am having the same problem.  So what is the response from the engineering team?

• Having the same problem also, since updating to the latest sensor hub a few weeks ago, the status has stopped working and there is no elevation gain at all now. When will this be fixed? Its a big selling point of the Garmin range and for what we have paid a lot of money to use, but the engineering team seem to create one problem after another with their updates.

• The watch is trying to figure out "how hard you are working". For running, it mainly needs your speed (and body weight, height etc.) and not much elevation change as that apparently would make things inaccurate (oddly).  The speed it gets from GPS - and that's *I think* the main culprit as the latest GPS chipsets used by Garmin seem far inferior to earlier watches a few years ago. To help those work well:

- Select GPS, not "Ultratrac"

- Let watch acquire good signal by having clear view of sky for a while without movement before run

- Hopefully there is not too much trees, buildings etc. where you run which interfers with GPS reception

- Satellite data (orbits, health status etc.) is required for calculations by GPS receiver. Those are transmitted over a long period of time throught eh GPS signal itself. By letting the watch sit with good sight of sky for as many hours as possible (charge before...) with GPS actiive (map mode or similar) lets it download and update all that data, it will help with accuracy and quicker acquisition next time

• Same issue started yesterday (10/25/20).  Fenix 6s.  No training status updates even with 2 runs and an outdoor bike ride over the weekend.  All recorded but no training status update.  Is there an updated solution?
  • I have the same issue but with the Edge1030 and Edge1030Plus so it looks very much as a problem with the inter working between Garmin Connect account and the Garmin device via Garmin Express. What was or is the solution? I have asked the local Garmin support but they do not have the faintest idea what they are talking about. 

@ Garmin Blake can you please supply the solution also to the local Garmin supports how to get the broken links between Garmin Connect user account and the Garmin Express/device (either a Forerunner or any Edge1030 or any other Garmin fitness device) fixed again.

I very much suspect that the authentication links got corrupt when SW changes were applied. This missing authentication link makes the essential exchange of VO2max fixed values (stored in Garmin Connect account) and the heart rate zones + exercise load calculation (stored in Garmin Express/Garmin device only!) impossible. As soon as this exchange is broken, the Training status report will display "No Status".

• This is exactly what my Fenix 6s is doing. All of my runs are outdoors comparable to yours in duration and I run 5-6 days a week. Were you able to resolve this issue, and if so how? Thank you