This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turning off manual lactate threshold?MY

My 935 says Lactate Threshold Manual Entry 173bpm.

How can I reset so it calculates automatically again?

Cheers,

Greg
  • Settings> Physiological Metrics> Autodetection> Lactate Threshold = On.
  • It was already set to on!
  • I would have assumed it went without saying that you then need to go out and do a LT run to trigger a new LT.

You may also want to remove any manual entry in Garmin Connect.
  • how would remove any manual entry of Lactate Threshold in Garmin Connect ?

As for garmin connect, you mean the mobile app or the web version ?

Would you be able to kindly explain us how this removal could be carried out ?

Many thanks in advance,

Jeremie

• I have the same problem with my Fenix 6S Pro. After a fast run it will often offer me the choice to accept a new Lactate Threshold Heart Rate. But even if I do accept it, it does not change the Lactate Threshold Heart Rate in my user profile on the watch. Having manually entered a Lactate Threshold Heart Rate into the user profile at some point in the past, it's as if the watch is incapable of ever automatically updating it in the future. Just to confirm, I have always had auto detection of lactate threshold set to ON. Any thoughts gratefully received!

• There is clearly a bug in the firmware either on the watch or connect.

Almost a month i could not resolve my issue. it is even getting worst. Now Garmin Connect only keeps showing a previous data manual entry (50 BPM i had put to make test). At each interval workout, the watch find a new pace and proper HR. However, Garmin Connect reverts the right data to HR50 which is no longer inside my manual entry (i changed it to 85).

Pretty much unreliable.

• And i have also a Fenix 6 Pro.

• Got the same problem.
    Entry in the mobile app is 167bpm (Devices|FR945|User setting|HR Zones: Based On: % of LT, Lactate Threshold 167).

After a run with HR strap it gets updated to 166+pace.
    After syncing to mobile I see: 'Lactate Threshold Manual Entry 169bpm ' no pace
    I have no clue where this value comes from. I am really gutted.
    Race prediction times are based on this value and probably Garmin Coach uses it in training.

I have already run twice and each time after sync the measured LT got lost.
    Physio Metrics all set to on.

• So "User settings" can be manually adjusted on the watch.
    But they do not seem to sync back to Garmin connect.

Unless a major change is done such as adding sport and then syncing.

I can see that LTHR value syncs from device to Garmin Connect despite me changing HR as based on RHR.
    I'll try sticking to Based-on-RHR (as it matches within one bit my measured LT)
    and see if new LT gets updated to Garmin Connect next time round.

• Has this been resolved? I still seem to have the same issue with my 935.