This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wifi ”service” down?

In the last 12 hours or so I havent been able to sync via wifi, is there some known issue although connect status website is all green? I’ve removed and added my network and that work fine and I can see the watch from my router, but cant sync. I’m in Sweden.
  • I have the same problem since my last activity yesterday evening. "Network error. Try again later" What is this ? I'm in Greece.
  • Me too, I am in South Africa, since yesterday, there was a small update shown on Garmin Express, once updated, wifi transfer on 935 seems impossible to work as used to.
  • If you've updated Express then try removing then re-adding your device to Express. That normally resolves issues after an Express update.
  • Now that you mention it, not working here either...

Restarting the watch and removing/readding it to express didn't solve it... (Express was updated just before so the newest version is installed). Syncing through express did work fine.

Usually a network error is fixed for me by restarting the watch (might be more convenient then removing/readding the network itself), but something different seems off here.
  • Same for me. I can connect from Settings > WiFi menu but regular sync results in "Network error. Try again later." I guess the Garmin Internet endpoint to receive data is down?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    there was a small update shown on Garmin Express

I don't believe it's related to the Garmin Express update. I'm having the same problem and I haven't updated Express yet. There's a thread on Fenix 5X/5S forum where some are having the same issue and it's suspected to be related to FW 12.50. I'm not sure, but I thought I used Wi-Fi successfully after 12.50, so....?
  • I don't believe it's related to the Garmin Express update. I'm having the same problem and I haven't updated Express yet. There's a thread on Fenix 5X/5S forum where some are having the same issue and it's suspected to be related to FW 12.50. I'm not sure, but I thought I used Wi-Fi successfully after 12.50, so....?

It's not 12.50, I've been running that since release and wifi stopped working yesterday. And has nothing to do with Express neither.
  • Not sure what the problem is as I was connecting fine until a couple of days ago. Error message I get is "No app or Wi-Fi Connection available when I try to sync from the control, or 'No down wifi connection available' when I try to connect.
  • Not sure what the problem is as I was connecting fine until a couple of days ago. Error message I get is "No app or Wi-Fi Connection available when I try to sync from the control, or 'No down wifi connection available' when I try to connect.

Same here in the USA, just noticed it tonight.
  • Saw this in the 5/5s plus thread (and as sw seems to be pretty much 95% similar):

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-the-trail/wrist-worn/fenix-5-5s-plus/1462596-fenix-5-5s-plus-6-58-beta-release

6.58 Change Log Notes:
    • Fixed an intermittent issue where one was not able to connect to Wifi after a powercycle