This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 935 temperature sensor failure

I've had four 935s all failed through temperature sensor failures after about 3-4 months. Garmin has replaced them all for free and this time I'm getting a Fenix 5S 47mm in hopes that it is more durable. Repeated failures in normal use after short periods of time on a premium product indicate a systemic design and/or development and test problem. The fact that Garmin continues to sell the device after common reports of this failure indicates they have not taken the time to understand it and fix it.

The chat support for this failure pointed me to a notice on the Garmin site that said: Do not press the button under water on the 935. The device is supposed to be waterproof to 50m and there is no statement in the manual that I find that says do not press the buttons under water.

I do not believe that the temperature sensor failure I have experienced is due to leaking buttons. If the buttons are leaking I would expect the watch to evidence other problems including catastrophic failures. I note that some of these are actually reported in another Garmin Forum so evidently the company is marketing a product that does have leaky buttons. I find it appalling that Garmin would sell a high-end multi-sport watch claimed to be waterproof to 50m that has leaky buttons. Waterproof buttons are a feature on $15 Casio watches that last for years.
  • After another 935 failure I bought a 945 in August 2020 for around $600. It worked beautifully until August 2021 when the temperature sensor failed. I will never buy another Garmin product. Coros Pace 2 is looking pretty good at a much better price point and everything useful to me in an athletic watch. Coros doesn't have as many watch faces or the Garmin website but, hey, maybe it will actually work as advertised!