This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill Calibration Doesn't Allow Correct Distance

With the arrival of the cold weather I've been doing some runs on the treadmill and elliptical, unfortunately my 935 doesn't let me set the proper distance to what the machine tells me when I select Calibrate & Save. I've run more than a mile on the treadmill and the watch thinks I've run more than a mile. For instance today, I ran 1.7 miles on the treadmill in 15 minutes before doing a strength workout. When I hit Calibrate and Save the longest option I could set for distance was 1.10 miles. It gets even worse if I run for an hour where the mileage I ran compared to what I can tell the watch is multiple miles more.

I'm assuming this is screwing with my training status as well providing wrong numbers to Connect/Strava for tracking. I don't recall having this issue last winter but I had a different 935, this one was a replacement I received in May (cracked OHR sensor issue.) It's running 11.00 software.
  • I had similar issues last winter with my 935, so am exploring a foot pod for this coming winter.  Trying to find out if the pods 'hold' their calibration for month, as my FR935 would only give me good readings for about two weeks, before it got all wonky, and prompting me to run outdoors twice to recalibrate.  

• I'm having the same issue.  I use calibrate and save every time and it's way off.  

• It’s an issue with 14.10

the new Beta corrects this

• I did not have the issue with the 935 and an older HR Run strap, but that one (blue) broke and the new replacement HR Run (red) doesn’t do treadmill. Same issues, maddening. 

• how can one access the new Beta software?  14.10 was released in August and has been a constant source of frustration to treadmill runners since.  Would love to try the Beta - it can't be much worse.

• Garmin released GA firmware 15.10 just a couple of days ago.  It has the newest fixes that are in the latest beta release.  I did my first treadmill workout since upgrading and I'm happy to report that AFTER I did a "Save and Calibrate" at the end of my workout, I immediately did another 2 miles and the calibration was spot on.

• I have owned my Garmin 935 for a couple years.  Never a problem until today.  I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill and under calibrate and save, I could not select 3 miles.  Under 4 miles was 17 miles.  Above 4 miles was 5 miles.  No opportunity to select 3 miles.  This is the first time I have not been able to calibrate to 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  Can any one help me regarding this problem?  Thank you.

• Still doesn’t work after this update. Mine worked fine until I bought a new Hrm run strap. Maybe the problem isi in the pod. Whatever.! What the hell Garmin! Been long enough to to reinvent this whole platform, fix this already!,

• version 21 still doesn't allow correct distance only max 3km.