This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indoor Rowing - best way to sync with Concept2?

I've started using the Concept2 rowing machines we have at my gym and discovered that the native Garmin "Indoor Rowing" activity isn't great.

From what I understand there are a few ways to get data:

- Garmin Indoor Rowing activity, with manually added distance
- ERGData mobile phone app syncing to Concept2 logbook which in turn syncs to Garmin Connect
- ERGIQ watch app that connects to the rower and creates an activity

What would be the best way to log the activity with the correct metrics (distance, stroke rate, etc) and for it to properly be calculated as far as Training Status and Training Load are concerned?

Thanks!

• Oooh, I didn't realize that Concept2 now had Garmin integration! This is excellent. Thanks!

• I think what they were getting at is that a thumb drive is solid state memory. It can only be written to, transferring of your data, while with a phone’s RAM and memory, data can be processed and stored. Perhaps why they say the phone is necessary vice a thumb drive.

• I think what they were getting at is that a thumb drive is solid state memory. It can only be written to, transferring of your data, while with a phone’s RAM and memory, data can be processed and stored. Perhaps why they say the phone is necessary vice a thumb drive.

Bingo.

The PM5 is a fine monitor but has nowhere near the horsepower to process granular stroke data at the same time as it writes it to flash memory. The best it'll do is send the whole data-stream to a smartphone and let it do the heavy lifting.

• Yes unfortunately the ErgData app doesn't allow you to manually fix a bad date on a recorded workout, and so there's no way to sync it to the Concept2 web site. So you have to get in the habit of manually checking and updating the date and time on the PM before starting your workout.