This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is Body Battery operational for 935 now?

Former Member
Former Member
I can see the graphs on Connect but it says that it has not gathered enough data. I only wear 935 in the daytime now since I got the Oura ring.
  • No. Body battery is not supported on the 935 despite you being able to see the setting on Garmin Connect. I think Vivofit4 is the only platform supporting this at the moment.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thank you hunkywizard ^^
  • If it helps, I have the Vivosmart 4 and Body Battery is the least useful feature I've ever seen on a watch. It tells you nothing useful about your training or recovery status and you're better off standing up and deciding whether you feel tired and/or achy or just using common sense.
  • That’s not what I’ve heard. It should reflect your general tiredness, yes, but my mate says it totally reflects how recovered he feels. You could just guess but this is using some clever techniques to check. I’d like it in the 935 but I doubt we will see it until next gen.
  • I have the Vivosmart 4 with Body battery. I totally disagree, I found it very useful and precious. It's for me one of the best feature ever Garmin has provided.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thank you. I read your blog regularly. How are you finding the Training load and Recovery Pro on Vantage V is working compared to Firstbeats stuff? Useful feedback? Would love an in-depth look at those features to.

I am looking into getting the Vantage V for the Training load and Recovery Pro features...

If it helps, I have the Vivosmart 4 and Body Battery is the least useful feature I've ever seen on a watch. It tells you nothing useful about your training or recovery status and you're better off standing up and deciding whether you feel tired and/or achy or just using common sense.

• The interface is considerably better than Garmin for recovery advice. Right now it’s not showing me good data though for some reason, perhaps it’s in learning mode. Or perhaps it’s actually just as useless as body battery. Since I got it the Vantage has advised against training and told me I’m “overreaching”. I’m definitely not, just done a couple of 5k runs. It looks like it plans to normalise next week though judging by the graph on Flow. Right now I’d say stick with a FR935 and learn to live with the interface.
    As to the above comments about body battery, I’m sure somepeople will get a placebo effect and think it lines right up with reality. It really doesn’t and when you examine it there is nothing useful in the “measurement” whatsoever.
  • what did you get? do you find it more useful the Polar recovery pro than the body battery from Garmin?

• As far as I know, body battery uses HRV, which is very accurate in predicting your overall status. Just like recovery pro from Polar ;)