This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Optical sensor Damage??

Guy's
Have any of you seen damage to the optical sensor similar to what is in the attached picture. I charged the watch just over a week ago and there were no crack, the watch has been on my wrist since then. The only reason it was off my wrist was to charge it and I noticed the marks. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1391464.jpg
  • I have the same problem, sent it back to garmin almost 4 weeks ago, still waiting on my replacement to be shipped to me. No stock in Canada, apparently.

This will be my third 935 - replaced the first one when I realized the altitude didn't work and in fact hadn't worked right since I first got the watch. Hoping they will will at least extend my warrenty by the 4 weeks I've so far been without a watch...

• This is what I got from Garmin today regarding my 935: "Thank you for contacting Outdoor Product Support. Since the epoxy coating covering the optical sensor is not vital to its performance, to have this layer peel away is only considered normal wear and tear to the watch. I can assure you, this will also not impact the water proofing of the watch. "

• wrote to Garmin support one week ago, no reply...

• The sane thing happened to my Garmin, without any previous accident, suddenly it appears

• The sane thing happened to my Garmin, without any previous accident, suddenly it appears

• i am currently on my 3rd (twice replaced because of cracks) which has a crack in one of the OHR LEDs (not in the sensor itself). Does anybody know how expensive a replacement is after the 2 year warranty is over? 

Also, i wonder if this is a Garmin issue or more a problem for all kind of OHR devices?

• I had similar damage within a year with no obvious cause. I contacted support and got a new one. 

• Hi It is not an issue with all OHR devices just this particular Garmin range FR935 and fenix 5.I had a Vivoactive HR before my 2 935's (yes already had one swapped out for cracks in OHR sensor) and when i sold it to my brother after 12 months it was still perfect and now another 12 months later it is still perfect.My wife has a FR35 that is 20 months old and the OHR sensor is still perfect. I have a Fitbit Surge that is ove 3 years old and sensor is still perfect. So It seems just the guys that spend the most get screwed over to spend more on replacement. As a plus we only receive 12 month warranties here in South Africa.

• 2 months with the 945 and start showing damage.

Come on Garmin?
    Why do you dont do anything???